Here is the recipe for one of the most delicious and popular Greek dishes: Greek style green beans ("fasolakia)!
You will need:
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 onion chopped
1 pound green beans
1 medium potato sliced
3 medium tomatoes grated
¼ cup chopped parsley
1. Pour the extra virgin olive oil in a pot and heat it at a medium to low temperature.
2. Chop and add the onion. Cook it until its colour becomes translucent.
3. Add the potatoes and the beans and mix well. Let them simmer for a few minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, some parsley, salt, pepper and mix them.
5. Add hot water just to half cover the beans.
6. Simmer with the lid on for about 35 to 40 minutes
They are ready once the beans and potatoes are soft